Who is eligible to use the Corporate Protection Plan?

Any employee travelling for work or leisure who is covered by a corporate protection plan. Check with your HR or risk management department to check if your organisation is a member.

How do I obtain a World Travel Protection Emergency Assistance card?

To obtain your emergency assistance card, please contact your organisation’s program administrator.

How do I log in for security alerts?

If you are logging in for the first time, you’ll need to obtain your initial log-in from your program administrator. Once you’ve set up your own log in, you can access security alerts using your username (email address) and password. Set up or log in here.

What do I do if I need assistance when I am overseas?

Simply call the phone number on your emergency assistance card. We’ll accept a reverse charge call (get the factsheet to find out how to make reverse charge call to Australia)

What information do I need when I call for assistance?

If you, a colleague or family member are hurt or fall ill while working, living or travelling overseas, it will speed up our assistance process if you have the following information when you call:


  • Name
  • Location
  • Relationship to person requiring assistance
  • Phone number we can contact you on at the location

PERSON REQUIRING ASSISTANCE (if different from the caller):

  • Name
  • Employer
  • Age
  • Gender
  • Date of Birth
  • Passport details including type (e.g. Australian) and number – if available
  • Reason for assistance
  • Any relevant medical information including past medical history (e.g. diabetic)


  • Country
  • Area
  • Address
  • Phone number including country and area codes

TREATING DOCTOR – if applicable:

  • Name
  • Language spoken by doctor
  • Phone number including country and area codes

HOSPITAL OR CLINIC – if applicable:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Telephone number including country and area codes

How will you know I’m eligible for assistance?

We will contact your employer to verify there is a current, valid corporate protection plan in place with World Travel Protection and that you are eligible for assistance.

What if I have an insurance policy?

Your situation may be covered by a corporate or personal travel insurance policy. If so your insurer, if known, will be advised of the possible claim. But this will not change or delay our ability to assist you.

Will I be out of pocket?

In most situations, significant expenses will be paid or guaranteed by World Travel Protection on behalf of your employer. But for smaller amounts, such as a short doctor consultation, you may be required to pay upfront and submit a claim for reimbursement.